Follow our Reggio Emilia Inspired class to see what students are learning at Prince Edward Public School. Visit often, borrow ideas to enhance learning at home, and most importantly, discuss with your child their--- PLAYFUL LEARNING, EXPLORATIONS, and DISCOVERIES at school.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

November 5, 2012




It was a busy day of learning. The play-dough table was a popular place today. The children were baking lots of yummy treats.


"I am making cake and pudding." 


" I made you a cake ! Is it your birthday Mrs. DeYoung?  "Well, we can pretend and it has lots of candles because you are older then me."


"I made cake too! It can be anyone's birthday!" 


"I want to try and make some sand castles!  The sand is not working." When the sand didn't work the way he wanted, I suggested he ask his friends to help. The one friend he was working with said, "The sand needed to be wet."



These students worked together for a long time. They problem solved together how to make the ramps at the right level so the cars would move faster.


Their play extended to trying other objects to see if they would slide down the ramp.  We were able to introduce the concept of, "slide and roll." 

I am excited to see if this play continues and we can introduce different objects and ramps.


I


This student was very proud of her work.  She asked Mrs. DeYoung to read what she wrote. When I read, "Katie" she had a big smile and said, "YES !! That's my mom! I wrote my mom's name!"


This student made a "Zebra" and then drew a picture of it and was excited to share it with the class at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment